snapshot-creation with virt-manager

Hi altogether,

I´ve got a question regarding snapshot-creation.

Info:
my system (host): Linux/Lubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, 64 bit

I want to achieve the following: installation of WIN (either 8.1 or 10) in a virtual machine with qemu/kvm.
I also have virt-manager installed.

There are instructions for a case like this on  https://www.pcwelt.de/ratgeber/Windows-als-virtuellen-PC-in-Linux-weiternutzen-9790033.html  (yet in German).
The procedure described there refers to VirtualBox. I don´t want to use that but rather qemu/kvm/virt-manager.

Yet there´s one point worth considering: A bit further on in the WINDOWS-installation process (yet more or less at the beginning) there should be
a dialog like this:

"Welcome" ------> "Region. Is it O.K?".

At this point in time WIN hasn´t been been activated yet. There are no personalized settings and no user account.

This should be the point in time when to create a "save point" or "backup point" so that when the WIN trial period is over (after 90 days)
the "save point" can be restored and thus there should be another 90 days test period etc.

So basically my question is:

Am I right in assuming that such a "save point" can be created within virt-manager by creating a snapshot in the same way as described above?
Because it´s possible to create such a snapshot from a running machine.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Greetings.
Rosika :-)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]