Re: [libosinfo 2/4] List supported audio devices for Windows & Fedora

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:01:45PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>> I'm a bit confused by derives-from VS upgrades here, but anyway my
>
> Upgrades is for a logical progression of releases from a vendor.
> Newer links in the chain may drop old hardware, and add new hardware.
>
> Derives is for when a new distro is created that is based off
> another distro. A derivative will typically offer support for
> a superset of hardware.  We also use this with various "psuedo
> distros" which are a base for real distros.
>
> Clones is for plain 3rd party rebuilds of distros. The hardware
> support will generally be identical.

  Thanks so much for this explanation, makes things much clear.
Keeping this in mind, I guess it makes senses to:

1. Modify osinfo_os_get_devices() to recurse into OSs it 'Derives' and
'Clones' as well.
2. Modify the DB to reflect 'Derives' relationship as well as
'Upgrades' for many of the OSs, for example fedoraN both derives from
and upgrades fedoraN-1.

  ?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]