Many "Tuning timeout" messages and signal disruptions with minisatip and the satip plugin

Hi guys,

I migrated my VDR and my KVM host to Ubuntu 20.04-latest lately. The KVM host
has the sat card (Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 DVB adapter), the driver stack
(0.9.33-integrated), plus minisatip-latest from git, and the vdr VM runs the
normal Ubuntu stack with vdr-2.4.1 and satip-2.4.0 (plus xineliboutput and
vnsiserver). I use two satellites, Astra 19.2E and Hotbird S13E, with 2
receivers each.

The stack basically works, but after some time the messages "SATIP-ERROR:
Tuning timeout" get more and more and the usual artifacts occur.  The WAF
factor is not that high as you can tell.

Since everything else works nicely, I suspect a problem somewhere between the
ddbridge driver, minisatip and the satip plugin.

Question: is that the expected behaviour for such a setup?

In the old days I used PCI passthrough but this is very inconvenient because
the server (HP DL380G6) has a RMRR problem with the sat card, and I had to use
custom built kernels all the time...

potential solutions:
- run VDR in a docker container instead of in a VM and pass /dev/dvb to the
  container
- replace the KVM host, thus get rid of the RMRR issue and continue to use PCI
  passthrough
- run the VDR on bare metal
- others?

What would you do if you were in my place, and why?

TIA!

--
Q:	Why should you always serve a Southern Carolina football man
	soup in a plate?