De : Frantisek Rysanek [mailto:Frantisek.Rysanek@xxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mercredi 8 mai 2019 23:41
À : VDR Mailing List
Cc : Karim AFIFI
Objet : Re:  Questions about good hardware to view VDR 4K

Hello Karim,

...the parallel PCI slots really seem to have gone out of vogue...

I work as a service techie for *industrial* PC's - a niche that is
rather backward in its tastes :-) and if you take a look at e.g. the
portfolio of Advantech, you may find ATX boards with LGA1151 with
more than one PCI slot. But you definitely won't like the price tag.
Other than that, the BIOS nowadays tends to be a pretty normal AMI
APTIO, UEFI and legacy booting supported, but you won't find any
overclocking features in the BIOS SETUP.
Hmm... in the recent generation, only the AIMB-786 has two PCI slots,
and that's full-size ATX.
In the mATX format, if you go back to SkyLake/KabyLake, you may find
a board with a single parallel PCI slot...
Apparently the PCI slots are on their way to extinction, following
the ISA slots :-)
In the "industrial" segments you can find other formats that have
parallel PCI, such as PICMG hardware or maybe an external expansion
box, but I believe that's even further away from an HTPC budget and
living-room aesthetics :-)

Frank

On 8 May 2019 at 22:39, Karim AFIFI wrote:

> Dear Franck,
>
> Thanks a lot for all theses precisions ! I missed the 4k rate's difference
> DP vs HDMI...
>
> For lowest consumption, I try to avoid external video card : the entry
level
> I found (fanless GT 1030 - 4K@60Hz HDMI 2.0) is about 30w !!!
>
> Active converter DP > HDMI 2.0 seems to be a good solution. Unfortunately,
> didn't found (yet) a motherboard with 2xPCI slots **AND** displayport or
> HDMI 2.0. (I would like to avoid PCIE > PCI adapter).
>
> I will take a look to Atom CPU and Gemini Lake, but it seems there is no
ATX

https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2366/displayportt-1.2-to-hdmit-2.0-uhd-act

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-H310-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual