Re: Questions about good hardware to view VDR 4K

Hello everybody,

On 9 May 2019 at 8:57, Richard Scobie wrote:
> Asrock do a range of mATX cards with integrated Gemini Lake, but none
> with PCI slot, just 3 x PCIe 1x.

Good to know, nice try from AsRock, hardly anyone does mATX boards
with an ATOM, which is a shame :-)
OTOH, I don't like Asrock for two reasons:
1) they tend to support UEFI booting only, no legacy BIOS boot
2) they don't seem to have BIOS images publically available on the
downloads site...

(I myself prefer Gigabyte, but they seem to neglect the Gemini Lake
so far.)

Makes me wonder if it would be possible to get an ITX board with a
PCI-e slot and combine that with a riser card, providing horizontal
PCI slots. Unfortunately the risers and horizontal slot shields
are typically a proprietary solution...

> Klaus (VDR author), is using the J4105M, with vaapi,

Cool, now I know what I'm gonna buy for my HTPC :-)

Frank