Re: VDR not cleaning .del directories

> As long as a cPlayer (or a cReceiver, for that matter) is attached to
> a cDevice, VDR will not perform its housekeeping tasks. This is to
> avoid any problems during replay or recording, possibly caused by
> heavy disk access.

Ah, I see.. I think softhddevice uses the dummy player to receive
keypresses, so it can exit from suspend on demand.

But the full check in vdr.c is this:

       if ((Now - LastInteract) > ACTIVITYTIMEOUT &&
!cRecordControls::Active() && !RecordingsHandler.Active() &&
!Interface->HasSVDRPConnection() && (Now - cRemote::LastActivity()) >
ACTIVITYTIMEOUT) {
            <start housekeeping>

So, there is a separate check for active recordings, and user activity
(cRemote)..

I think I just remove the LastInteract check. I think it is not really
useful on my current system anyway. I have a commercial detector
running after each recording, and it will run no matter what.. There
could be another active recording going, or playback or whatever. VDR
housekeeping is a  much lighter process.

And currently the check works pretty much the wrong way around.. :) If
softhddevice is suspended and vdr left "idle", it will never enter
housekeeping because of the check.

--
Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/