Re: VDR not cleaning .del directories

Ok, I did some debugging.

First of all, I noticed something weird that perhaps is not even
related to this problem. In vdr.c there is a check:

 if ((Now - LastInteract) > ACTIVITYTIMEOUT

if softhhddevice is detached or suspended, "Now - LastInteract" is
always zero, and vdr can never enter housekeeping tasks. This must be
a bug in softhddevice?

But, with softhddevice attached, housekeeping starts after 60 seconds.
However, now with the added debug, I could not reproduce the original
problem. :) VDR always deletes my recordings nicely. But now I have
the debug enabled, in case it happens again.

> On 18.01.2018 08:54, Teemu Suikki wrote:
>>
>> Ok, it might be the same thing.
>>
>> I added some debug as Klaus suggested. After restart, vdr instantly
>> deleted a few directories.. So at least it works sometimes. :)
>>
>> Perhaps the cleanup fails if Plex or another vdr is currently accessing
>> the same files? Maybe vdr then thinks it has deleted them, and does not try
>> again.
>

> In cRemoveDeletedRecordingsThread::Action() VDR tries to get a lock on the
> video directory. If this fails, it can't remove deleted recordings.
>
> Please add some debug output to this function, to see whether it is called
> and whether it gets the lock. If it doesn't get the lock while Plex is
> running, try without Plex.
>
> Klaus

Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/