Re: [POLL] Is anybody actually using "device bonding" (aka "LNB sharing)?

Hi Derek,

Am 02.01.2017 um 01:46 schrieb VDR User:
>> I would like to know which magic switch behind a single cable receiving only one polarization/band allows feeding multiple tuners with independent signals. ;-)
>
> There is no "magic", you probably should read up on switches I guess.

I did and all satellite switches I know need 4 individual inputs, each providing one combination of polarization and band. So good look using a switch behind a single cable providing one combination of these 4 at one time.

Maybe you are referring to signal splitters to provide one cable to multiple tuners, but these limit the received signal to the same combination of polarization and band for all of these tuners. And that is exactly the use case the device bonding is made for to get the most out of this limitation.

I know that there are ways (OneCable and such) to provide individual signals to different tuners via one single cable. But this requires special switches in the infrastructure of a building the renter of an apartment is usually not able to change.

Best regards,
Andreas