Device power saving feature - power measurements

Sergey,

I took down the server at the weekend to install a newly built kernel
and insert the power monitor.

47W  - All services running at idle, tuner power saving disabled
44W - All services running at idle, tuner power saving enabled

As tuners are powered down most of the time, that's a handy 6% average
saving.

The hardware is an HP 8300CMT with high efficiency PSU, G2130 Ivy bridge
CPU and a 3 x 2T RAID + KMC4400R for CCTV video capture,  the tuners are
PCTV Nanostick 290e for HD/SD (USB2) and an old Leadtek DTV1000 T (PCI)
for SD - both of which are super-reliable BTW.

Obviously other tuners will vary, and if the PSU isn't the efficient 90%
one like this, the savings will be marginally more.

Richard