Re: VDR deleting non-.del-dirs in video-path

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 08:29:10 +0100
Reiner Bühl <reiner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The easiest way to fix this would be to separate backup and video
> dir. Why don't you create two directories on your USB HDD and link
> them into different locations? E.g. Mount the HDD as /mnt/usbdisk and
> then create a symbolic link /video that points to /mnt/usbdisk/video
> and one symbolic link /backup that points to /mnt/usbdisk/backup.
> Or just create two partitions on the external disk and mount them
> directly to the right places?

To be totally honest, that's what I did just now.

I was just surprised seeing in the logs that VDR actually was "cleaning"
my backup.

Thinking about it, the video-dir is VDR's file-system, it can do
what it wants.

--
Patrick.