Re: Media (.mkv) player on Raspberry Pi2 VDR client

Sorry for the empty answer before.

Am 10.02.2016 um 16:58 schrieb VDR User:
>> No, absolutely not. The setup of OpenELEC is much less complicated and
>> dependencies are no problem.
>> The vdr-addon and the vnsi-addon gets installed by some clicks on the remote
>> and a first channel scan
>> needs only some clicks more.
> It's always no problem until something breaks......
That is irrelevant, because that can happen with your solution too
>> The raspberry pi has superior HDMI-CEC support that is used automatically by
>> Kodi, so in most cases
>> there is even no need for an IR receiver and an extra remote. The remote of
>> the TV is just enough. That
>> simplifies the setup even more.
> He's not asking about HDMI-CEC so this is irrelevant. Additionally,
> HDMI-CEC support can be very limited on the device end so just because
> a device technically supports it, that doesn't automatically mean you
> can do what you want using HDMI-CEC. And plenty of people like me
> already use multi-device remotes so we don't have to bother with
> configuring HDMI-CEC at all.
I can't see why it is a problem to mention other features he would get
with another solution.

>> The topic is about playing .mkv. That is just a container. What about the
>> used codecs? In the upcoming OpenELEC
>> 0.7 there will even be support of H265 on the RPi. The Kodi GUI has no
>> problems with playing 3D content.
>> Is this working with your solution too?
> I use the vdr-mplayer plugin with mpv-player (rather than mplayer).
> Yes, it works great. I've already played plenty of h265 content.
On an RPi? With hardware support? I don't believe that.

I'm only stating the obvious, that Kodi is absolutely unnecessary to
give the OP what he's asking for. There is no denying this. And, he
can decide if he wants to bother adding Kodi to his setup just to play
mkvs, or if something less extreme makes more sense.

If you let him really decide you shouldn't make solutions bad without
any proof, only
because you don't like them.
I asked you already before to explain what makes OpenELEC more
complicated, you
didn't answer.
The only thing that is really obvious that you have no idea what you are
talking about.
As the founder of yaVDR I have some experiences how complicated a vdr
setup can be.
As a contributor to OpenELEC I know how simple the setup in OE currently is.

Gerald

!DSPAM:56bb8663485834103731893!