Re: xineliboutput and streamdev at the same time

I just tried vdr-fbfe compiled from CVS on the RPI, and there's still
that judder when pressing keys when the OSD menu is showing. Is this
possible to remedy somehow? This was one of the issues that made me
switch to softhddevice a few years ago.

On 21 April 2015 at 23:36, Harald Milz <hm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:41:57PM +0300, Petri Hintukainen wrote:
>> Do you mean setting the marks (and letting remote VDR to do the actual
>> editing) ? Or using VDR in RPi to cut recordings ? Cutting with RPi is
>> probably very slow and consumes lot of limited I/O resources.
>>
>> For setting editing marks - probably, I'm not sure. I rarely edit
>
> Yes sure. With vdr-{sxfe,fbfe} you get a remote OSD from the server VDR, i.e.
> you work on the server, not the RPi. No data is transferred over the net
> except the OSD when cutting.
>
>> Latency with 100Mbit/s ethernet is not noticeable. It can be even faster
>
> For SD 100 MBit is fine. For HD it should be okay also. As far as Wifi, 54
> MBit is okay-ish for SD but better go for 300 on 5 GHz (to make sure the
> wifi is near-exclusively used for the VDR link).
>
>> One possible source of problems is audio decoding performance. I'm not
>> EAC3 ?). AC3 decoding uses ~ half of RPi CPU time. Here the additional
>> CPU power of RPi 2 would be useful.
>
> Better use HDMI pass-through and have the AC3 receiver decode the stream. The Pi
> has only a 2.0 analog output anyway, so there's little point in decoding on
> the Pi.
>

> --
> You will be traveling and coming into a fortune.

-Tor