Re: xineliboutput and streamdev at the same time

On pe, 2015-04-17 at 09:25 +0200, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm planning to update my infrastructure according to the follow scheme:
>
> http://filter-failure.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/vdr-new-backend.png
>
> The red texts are things where I'm unsure about. Especially the usage
> of vdr-sxfe on the RPI.

I've been using xineliboutput (vdr-fbfe) with RPi for ~ year without
problems. Hardware decoding and OSD work well with recent xine-lib.

With RPi you want to use vdr-fbfe (not vdr-sxfe). RPi HW video decoding
and video output work just well without X11. Faster startup, less stuff
to configure and install.

I've also used TV's remote controller to control VDR (vdr-fbfe supports
HDMI-CEC with RPi).

This all makes RPi quite nice VDR client; it is small, silent and
requires only two or three cables (power, HDMI, optional wired network).

> I made this chart before finding out that there
> is rpihddevice and a recommended streamdev-usage.
>
> This shows that I have a need for streamdev and xineliboutput (as
> others on this list).
>
> Is there problem with running the xineliboutput and streamdev-server
> plugins at the same time on a vdr-host?

No