Re: DVB-S2 PCIe or USB tuner recommendations?

Hi Stephan,

search for Linux4Media/DigitalDevices CineS2 cards. Either revision V5.4/5.5
which does use kernel module "ngene", what is upstream since kernel version
3.0 (IIRC). You or your Linux distro just need to provide a proper firmware
file "ngene_18.fw". I did run these cards rock solid over very long time in
my VDR, but you can't get them new anymore.

Alternatively you could go for revision v6.2, what does use kernel module
"ddbridge", kernel upstream since version 3.2 (iirc), no firmware file
needed. I do run one of these still in my main VDR using upstream kernel
module, but also sometimes with additional packages like dddvb or
media_build_experimental. You can get these cards still new at Linux4Media
online shop.

http://www.l4m-shop.de/index.php?cat=c6_L4M-Twin-Karten-PCIexpress-L4M-Twin-
Karten-PCIexpress.html

===