Re: Freesat patch

Am 27.12.2014 um 11:42 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

>> Does anyone know if these extra PID's are definitely required? Maybe
>> only for DVB-S/2 ?
>
> Sorry, I don't know anything about that.

I programmed/ported a VDR Version to Topfield in 2010[*].
At that time Freesat was broadcasting their EPG using 3841/3842.
The Topfield did not have a hardware capability to filter these, so it
was necessary to write a stream parser for a recorded TS.
In addition on a standard video stream Freesat EPG came in extremely slow.
They had a specific radio transponder which was as well dedicated to
data broadcasts (11426MHz/27500/H).
Performing a recording on PID 3002/3003 revealed the full Freesat EPG
extremely fast.
When I backported the Topfield stuff into the VDR patch, the only piece
of work done has been the conversion of the Huffman tables from file
read into a header data structure to make it a bit more efficient and
eliminate the need for dynamic memory.

That has been the history.

And the situation today?
I dont think they changed 3841/3842 as this might be a problem for
installed reception equipment. But somebody would have to do a bit of
dvbsnooping to be shure.

So my guess is that it cannot be changed for DVB-S/S2 reception.

[*] https://sourceforge.net/projects/freesattotgd/