Re: EPG for BBC TV channels?

Am 15.03.2014 11:30, schrieb Bernd Butscheidt:

> I downloaded eepg, e.g. lasst time September 2013, from git-source (http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git/vdr-plugin-eepg.git/). With this and various versions before I have epg on BBC HD (satelite) and never ran into this memory leak which is quoted here and there.
> If it occurs, it must be running vdr 24 hours a day nonstop.
> Can someone bring light into this?

It was reported by users running their server 24x7.
But I dont know about the current status.

The mechanics used in EEPG look suspicious, it is using a repetitive
file load scheme for the tables originating from dark times where these
were not yet 100% available.

The VDR patch approach puting these tables into the compiled code once
has been suggested for EEPG, but did stay in some experimental branch,
you may want to take a look at the EEPG GIT.

- Mario