Re: start VDR without hardware for test and tutorial

Have you tried patching VDR so it doesn't abort if no dvb device is
found? I'm not sure what side-effects, if any, there may be by doing
so.

Btw, I also found it annoying VDR wouldn't start without a dvb device.
A long time ago I had a dvb card die but i had a lot of unwatched
recordings so I figured I would just watch those until my new dvb card
came in. Nope! Pretty lame when you run VDR on a dedicated box with no
keyboard attached and no easy way to get that box to play your
recordings. IMO VDR should start regardless. What good is there in
denying the user access to his recordings and plugins? Obviously no
dvb device means no live tv, but VDR does/can do a lot more than that.