Re: Livebuffer for VDR 2.0

On 12.07.2013 2:39 , VDR User wrote:
  * Option to choose between RAM / HDD

I don't think that's actually necessary. Make the file-based lifebuffer
feature rock-solid; if users want to have the buffer in RAM, make them mount a
tmpfs for that purpose. Should lead to simpler code and, in turn, less bugs :)

Yes, this would work perfectly too.

  * Option to warn if you switch channel and you are watching the buffer (eg.
"You are watching from the buffer. Changing channel will delete the current
buffer")

I don't see any point in this. If changing the channel flushes the buffer, you
really only need to mention it once in the changelog/manual/whatever.

This was something my wife (and sometimes also myself) got frustrated on. Here's a typical scenario:

Tv was turned on, and the channel that was running on had an interesting program running. The program was rewinded from the buffer to the beginning, and we started to watch it. Normally i pause recordings with the up/down keys, but in this case hitting up/down just changed the channel, and the buffer was lost (or not exactly, because the file existed on the HDD.. Here i had to manually dig out the file to be able to watch the program). So my point is to have an option to warn about a chanel-switch when you are actually watching from the buffer. If you don't watch fromthe buffer, then the channels should be switchable as normal.

  * Being able to rewind just by hitting the back/rewind button without
pressing Ok or something else first.

+1 IF the live buffer feature is turned on. If it's off, these keys should
retain their current behavior.

YEs, of course :-)

BR

René