Re: Livebuffer for VDR 2.0

On 25.03.2013 18:22 , VDR User wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM, EikeSauer@xxxxxxxxxxx
<EikeSauer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Klaus said that he thinks about internal livebuffer functionality in VDR
after 2.0.

There have been discussions here about the best way to add it to VDR.
As long as it can be turned off and/or sent to ram instead of
harddisk, I think it would be a great feature to add. While I couldn't
care less about livebuffer personally, it does seem to be a popular
wish-list item. I'd even say up there with solid native client/server
support.

Hi all!

Any progress with this feature? Is there any checklist available for this? I would have some whishes that i think are pretty practical. Maybe someone has more ideas that i have forgot..

 * Option to choose between RAM / HDD
 * Option to pick the amount of memory / HDD to use
* Option to warn if you switch channel and you are watching the buffer (eg. "You are watching from the buffer. Changing channel will delete the current buffer") * Being able to rewind just by hitting the back/rewind button without pressing Ok or something else first. * When watching the livebuffer, and you notice that you want to save the curent progarm, you should be able to save the tv-program from either the beginning of the buffer, or then if the buffer is longer, from the beginning of where the program started. This way you will be able to save the whole progra (movie etc.) * Option to keep X amounts of HDD-buffers after changing channels. Then in the recording meny would be an entry where you could watch these buffers, and possibly save them as a recording afterwards.

Best Regards,

René