Re: half-viewed recordings, can they be moved at the top of the list?

On 01/06/2013 10:07 PM, VDR User wrote:
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Dominique<dplu@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi

After reading all response, there is still an open question : why vdr do not
simply store inside setup.conf the latest path of played recording ?
As long it keep it in memory (press play resume the replay of records) ...

You will say : what about removed records outside vdr program ? it allready
does by not playing them even if on the list , in my system, I read from a vdr
client under smb vdr tree of a server and remove records from client, vdr
server list is not allways up to date (a touch .update fix that)

It should be nice to have this feature in the system like the xineliboutput
player plugin do

What about when a guy watches his recording but can't finish so he
stops it and will return later. Before he can return, his wife comes
and watches her recording. The last recording will now be the one the
wife watched and not the guy. Many VDR systems are used by multiple
people, not just one person only. I think 3 "viewed" flags are fine to
keep track of unviewed/partial viewed/complete viewed.

The History-plugin I posted to this thread remembers user defined number of replayed recordings so it probably easier than searching through the recording list for partially watched recordings. Replaying can be easily started from the list. The plugin also handles removed recordings appropriately.

The plugin also stores history of replayed files using xineliboutput's Media Player. Replay of these can also be started from the plugin menu.

--
Matti