Betr: Re: xineliboutput reports "no signal" when started on a paused playback

>On 09/12/2012 05:19, cedric.dewijs@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When I play a recording and pause it, then i see the screen is standing
>still.
>> Then I press escape to exit vdr-sxfe. Then I start vdr-sxfe again. Now
>> see the "no signal" screen. I expected to see the screen standing still
>at
>> the position I paused it.
>I think it's the normal behavior. When xineliboutput is started, it
>doesn't have any data and if vdr doesn't send any because the stream is

>paused, xineliboutput has nothing else to display than the no signal screen.
>
>Marc.

I agree this behavior is normal and technically correct. I think its a bit
confusing, because when I see no signal, i think there's something wrong
with the receiving hardware, like crashed DVB-t receivers, loose antenna
and so on.

Xineliboutput is aware the stream is paused. Therefore I can think of 2 solutions:
1)Display a screen that says "Paused" instead of "No signal"
2)Unpause, and then re-pause the stream, just long enough to let VDR send
an image.

Best regards,
Cedric