Re: Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

Hi,

I'm not using such a card, but I use a multituner (4 tuner) VDR setup, and I really like this 8 tuner/1slot idea.
I have two major problems with my setup;
1. Using PCI cards I'm limited to a maximum of 5 tuners, and I also need to use a PCI gigabit network adapter, so I have 4 tuners. I had bad experiences with USB DVB-S2 adapters (random restarts, bad signal locking, etc). 2. My 4 tuners are not from the same manufacturer and/or model, so I have to use different driver modules for them. But all of my card's drivers has some issues. For example one of the cards can't lock on SR 30k, I have to use 29999 in channels.conf. So, if I have a line in channels.conf, I'm not 100% sure, that ALL of my tuners will work on that channel. This leads to the conclusion, that for multituner setup is highly recomended to use ONLY one kind of card with the suitable driver.

In conlcuision I'm also interested, maybe someone can share some experiences with Duoflex modules. If they are reliable, having stable drivers, it could be an interesting solution for multituner setup.

István