Changing recording name before starting

Hi

I have been trying to figure out a way to change the name of the recording BEFORE the recording starts. This might sound odd but in finland a naming system has been adopted where the name includes the rating. As an example Alcatraz (7) which would mean it forbidden under 7 years old. If another episode is Alcatraz (12) and another is Alcatraz (S) you find the recordings being in wrong order in the timeline.

So what I would like to do is to strip the ending of the names. I created a very simple script to changes the name when the recording ends using recording hooks but seems that if the recording stops for any reason and then starts again there will be problems.

Then i thought I should change the name before the actual recording starts but I was not sure if it could be done with recording hooks.

Is this possible and if then any pointers would be appreciated?

\\Kartsa