Re: Please share your systemd (Upstart) service file

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Yes. Not only for better systemd integration but in general it would be
better if vdr could work without requiring any external scripting or
configuration.

You need some external script to call VDR as somewhere it is required to configure plugins and plugin parameters and many more stuff, VDR gets via command line options.

Every distribution handles this thing a bit different. For example, I prefer to use "runvdr-extreme" and configure my stuff in the "runvdr.conf" file.

BTW: "systemd" is one of many init systems. I don't know why this system is that special, that it deserves upstream integration. Especially as this would just reflect the defaults of *one* distribution. Another distribution most probably has other ways to configure plugins and settings.

Yours

Manuel