Re: Plugin for MHEG (BBC RedButton service)

On 2 May 2012 14:45, Dominic Evans <oldmanuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm thinking, with both the
> Olympics and Wimbledon coming up shortly, it would be useful to get
> MHEG up-and-running on my VDR install, so I was going to try out your
> plugin later. It would be useful to at least have a bug tracker
> available so that I can raise any issues I find.
>
> Perhaps you could create a project on http://github.com and import the
> code there?

I managed to compile the plugin against 1.7.27. I had to make a couple
of minor patches to cope with newer ffmpeg API changes, and to add
-lswscale (the existing Makefile 'test' to add this wasn't working)

Unfortunately the mheg plugin generates lots of bad looking entries in
my syslog :
vdr: [2918] ERROR: TS packet not accepted in Transfer Mode

And launching the 'redbutton' plugin just displayed a small quarter
sized shaded window in the top left of my screen, with no content.

So it looks like the plugin needs some updates to cope with vdr 1.7.x
and 1920x1080 resolutions