Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.24

> Because 1.6.0 was released a long time ago, and we want a new stable
> version soon? :)

I agree, 1.7 devel versions have many nice improvements like the support
for hvr-4000's multiple frontends in same adapter.
Even thought most active users in this mail list very likely uses
developer versions, there are probably lot of users still using stable
1.6.0 and would also prefer to run the Next stable once released.

But I hope that the mentioned real client-server redesign that could
handle many simultaneous clients watching different streams would be
then the main goals next version after that. Current way of doing it
at least with xineliboutput is just too complex and error prone.

Mika