Re: Streamdev script to stream audio only?

I actually managed to get this working quite well, here is my externremux.sh:

echo -ne 'Content-type: audio/mpeg\r\n'
echo -ne '\r\n'

ffmpeg -f mpegts -i - -vn -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32000 -ar 44100 -ac 1
-f mp3 pipe:1

Nothing more needed really, simple is beautiful. :) However, there is
one huge problem. It takes ages to start streaming, and then the audio
is a full minute behind.. The start delay is fine, but I need more
realtime streaming.

I'm going to York UK tomorrow to watch Snooker UK Championship, and I
was planning to hear the finnish commentary from Eurosport. :D It's
pretty much useless if there is a minute delay..

--
Teemu

2011/12/6 Johannes Truschnigg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi there,
>
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 05:00:24PM +0200, Teemu Suikki wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I need a mp3 audio stream of live tv channels.. I tried to do it with ffmpeg,
>> but it doesn't work properly. No data is transferred, I guess ffmpeg doesn't
>> like to write to a fifo?
>
> I did something similar once (relaying Internet radio stations to the local
> network in order to save outbound bandwidth with many users in parallel), and
> ran into trouble because the buffered nature of a fifo/pipe made audio skip
> every few seconds (tried with both ffmpeg and mplayer initially and also tried
> using an unbuffered pipe as a means of IPC, but in the end, neither worked and
> I had to look elsewhere). I settled for a solution involving Icecast as the
> streaming server, and a stripped down, cli-only custom build of VideoLAN
> Client (VLC) as its source. VLC comes with an optional Icecast output plugin
> you can enable at build-time that allows you to recode the incoming data on
> the fly, and relay it to Icecast in another format (OGG Vorbis or MP3, iirc).
>
> I'm pretty sure you should be able to do that with a video input as your
> source, too.
>
> --
> with best regards:
> - Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )
>
> www:   http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
> phone: +43 650 2 133337
> xmpp:  johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Please do not bother me with HTML-eMail or attachments. Thank you.

Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/