Re: Transfer mode vs TS playback: any difference in TS streams for vdr.1.7.19?

On 11.07.2011 22:50, Udo Richter wrote:
Am 11.07.2011 18:12, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
On 11.07.2011, at 03:21, Laz<laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Before I dig into buffers, etc., is there any difference between
the streams sent to PlayTS in transfer mode and in playback? I see that
transfer mode generates a PAT/PMT on the fly and passes the stream
directly to PlayTs.

In Transfer Mode onlx one single PAT/PMT is generated at the very start of it,
while a recording contains a PAT/PMT at the beginning of every GOP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't transfer mode receive PCR clock
data, while playback is without PCR clock?

Since VDR version 1.7.12 the PCR packets are recorded and replayed, and
also used in Transfer Mode:

2010-01-31: Version 1.7.12

- The PCR pid is now recorded for channels where this is different from the video
  PID. To facilitate this, the interfaces of cTransfer, cTransferControl, cRecorder
  and cReceiver have been modified, so that the PIDs are no longer given in separate
  parameters, but rather the whole channel is handed down for processing. The old
  constructor of cReceiver is still available, but it is recommended to plugin authors
  that they switch to the new interface as soon as possible.
  When replaying such a recording, the PCR packets are sent to PlayTsVideo()

Klaus