Re: Transfer mode vs TS playback: any difference in TS streams for vdr.1.7.19?

On Monday 11 Jul 2011, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> On 11.07.2011, at 03:21, Laz <laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I'm currently updating the softdevice plugin to work with the changes

> > to TS format that started with vdr-1.7.1 and also current versions

> > of ffmpeg (libavcodec does the actual decoding).

> > I've made some progress with vdr-1.7.19:

{snip}

> In Transfer Mode onlx one single PAT/PMT is generated at the very start

> of it, while a recording contains a PAT/PMT at the beginning of every

> GOP.

I've made good progress with this now: it all seems to work after a bit of a shaky start-up! It will only run if run from a script to restart it multiple times.

There is something with the startup of softdevice that causes a segmentation fault: it's level of error checking in it's startup neesd improving. It can restart about five times or so before it starts properly. I need to track down the source of this.

It can also take a few seconds for the video to appear when starting up, changing channel, or starting or stopping a recording. Audio instantly changes on all of these so the streams are there and can be decoded. (The audio is used presented "as is" and the video is delayed or speeded up to keep in sync.)

Once it has managed to start up and the video has appeared, it all seems pretty stable. I can play old and new format recordings too.

Cheers,

Laz