Re: BBC HD pixelation

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 09.04.2011, at 19:03, Daniel Harris <mail.dharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am currently experiencing picture pixelation when watching the BBC
>> HD station.  I have tried changing the position of the dish changing
>> deinterlace settings even sending 1080i output to the tv and tuned
>> several paramaters within my xineliboutput config but this seems to
>> have no effect.  The problem does not occur when watching ITV HD so I
>> am confused as to what is causing it.  Is anyone watching freesat BBC
>> HD perfectly and is so how are you doing it.  I have read that other
>> people have had similar problems but that seems to be a few years back
>> so I am not sure if this is a bbc problem a vdr problem or a xine
>> problem.  I would appreciate any help in fixing this.
>
> I just watched BBC HD live for a couple of minutes and it was totally fine.
>
> Klaus

Thank You both for the response, that has cleared thinks up a bit.
vdr using xineliboutput  plays BBC HD live pixelated, plays the
recording pixelated but mplayer plays the file with no pixelation.  so
I guess it must be a xine-lib problem? or a deinterlacing problem? I
will give the xine-plugin a try

Thanks again

Dan