Re: [Bug] VPS Recording not starting as long as another recording (with lower priority) is running

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 13:33:47 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote
> On 03/07/11 13:23, Frank Schmirler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:15:44 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote
> >> The problem is that the VPS code in vdr.c avoids devices that are
> >> currently recording. And since this is a rather complex area,
> >> I'm not sure if it's too good an idea to change this ;-)
> >>
> >> If you feel like it, you may want to take a look at the code under
> >>
> >>   // Find a device that provides the required transponder:
> >>
> >> in vdr.c. Maybe you can come up with a better solution...
> >
> > Unless I've missed something, that code does not only ignore priorities but
> > also the availability of CAMs.
>
> We only need the EIT data here, which is not encrypted.
> So it's sufficient to find a device that provides the
> raw transponder.

Ah, I see. I ignored the fact, that at the moment this piece of code is only
looking for a way to see the VPS start flag for the timer. Still the GetDevice
call (or something alike) would become necessary when considering to interrupt
a recording with lower priority. The low priority recording shouldn't be
interrupted if the VPS recording cannot start later as e.g. the CAM is in use
by a higher priority recording.

Regards,
Frank