Re: Request for rotor/actuator support integration to, vdr

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 21:38 -0700, Timothy D. Lenz wrote:
> Fixed number would help a little, but would get anoying and be in the
> way a lot of time. Going from one sat to the next is with in 2-3 sec's.
> It's when you need to do a full swing you run into collecting from the
> wrong sat.

Gotox patch (thanks to Ales for years of maintenance!) tries to estimate
the time for positioner turn by assuming a fixed degrees/second speed
and tracking the previous position. The gotox diseqc command insertion
includes the variable delay that I think is blocking vdr channel
operations for this time (hope so).

I made this patch because the relationship of vdr diseqc core and rotor
plugin was flaky. Despite of diseqc command repetition the command
success rate was well under 100%. Without repetition it was close to
zero for me. My positioner may be picky with respect to signal timings.
It was pretty annoying when vdr updated channels from wrong position.
This patch has been reliable. The problem is that it lacks many features
of rotor plugin. OTOH I think there should be a separate channel channel
scan plugin.

Now the most annoying thing for me is that the vdr streamdev connected
2nd and 3rd instances time out when channel switch includes long enough
waiting.

BR,
Seppo