Re: Request for rotor/actuator support integration to vdr

I know about that plugin. Won't really help with a rotor. Different setup. Actuators are for BUD's, Dishes over 1.2m though they have come out with small dish systems. Normally A small dish rotro uses DiSEqC sent up the cable to control the motor. The rotor plugin is for that, but current versions are patched versions of a plugin that is no longer supported and always had a few problems. I list both because some people do have bud's. Supporting both would give vdr and advantage ober STB's instead of being handycaped in the control area. I think all STB's have support for DiSEqC rotors. I have a very cheap one I use for aligning the rotor and it has much better support then what the hacked plugins provide.

VDR being a euro program where FTA sat is far more common should have really good support built in. It does a better job with switches then boxes in the way it lets you mix and match/stack them by allowing you to set the command strings, but to make use of that with a rotor, you have to have it pre-setup so you can include the goto commands in the string.