How can I prevent that vdr deletes recordings?

Hi,

I'm using a recent 1.7.16 vdr (debian squeeze from e-tobi) and actually I
realized, that recordings disappeared from recordings menue.

I'm very happy, that one recording is stil on disk, but others have been
removed unwanted. Diskspace is not low at all - so I don't understand the
reason to start deleting.

using epgsearch for most recordings, each timer sets the lifetime of the
recording to 99 - which I supposed to mean "don't delete ever".
Apperantly the vdr has a different understanding of lifetime 99 - so what can I
do to disable deleting of recordings?

I never ever want the vdr to delete a recording, which I did not marked
manually as deleted.

Any hint is appreciated.

kind regards

Gero