Re: How to extract HD dvb subtitles (and possibly convert to srt)?

En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

Yesterday I noticed that the timing offset is not fixed but depends on the recording (e.g, with my previous experiments I hardcoded a 4 seconds delay for the bbc channels, while yesterday I needed a 2 minutes delay). I don't know the cause of this offset (ProjectX or the crappy media player of my tv) but the problem can be easily solved with Subtitles:

I now know the cause of the offset, but I don't know how to (easily) fix it: Project-X for some reason (maybe a wrong option I gave?) doesn't extract the pts from the video stream, so it doesn't synchronize the subtitles to the video but it simply assumes the time starts with the first subtitle. If, e.g., the first subtitle appears 3 minutes into the recording, it will get a timestamp of 0 seconds so it will show 3 minutes early.

These are the options I'm giving to Project-X (via its ini file):

# Application
Application.Agreement=1
Application.OutputDirectory=/temporary/word/directory

# CollectionPanel
CollectionPanel.CutMode=0

# SubtitlePanel
SubtitlePanel.SubpictureColorModel=UkFreeview(mc)
SubtitlePanel.enableHDSub=1
SubtitlePanel.exportAsVobSub=1

ExportPanel.Streamtype.MpgAudio=0
ExportPanel.Streamtype.Ac3Audio=0
ExportPanel.Streamtype.PcmAudio=0
ExportPanel.Streamtype.Teletext=0
ExportPanel.Streamtype.Subpicture=1
ExportPanel.Streamtype.Vbi=0

Any hint on what option I could try to get the video pts (but only the pts, I don't want to extract the video stream)?
Or simply Project-X cannot do it with h264 streams?

Bye
--
Luca