Re: CAM auto resetting - feature request??

On 12/23/10 00:14, Simon Baxter wrote:
>> hello Klaus,
>>
>> I tried the patch below with a knc1 dvb-c, tt c1500 and tt connect
>> ct-3650
>> I used a alphacrypt light and I also tried the classic module
>>
>> always the same behavior - if I zap from encrypted channel to
>> encrypted channel in some situations vdr says "channel not available"
>> if I reset the cam manually it works again immediately
>> I also tried vdr 1.4 with my old tt ff c2300 and I had no problems
>>
>> maybe its a general vdr 1.7.x cam handling problem
>>
>> any idea - what I can do or test to identify where the problem is?
>>
>> thanks
>
> I had assumed this was due to some problem with CAM keys from the
> provider expiring, or something.  I still intermittantly get "channel
> not available", but haven't found any way to recreate the problem at
> will.
I have exactly this aswel. It happens from 'surfing channels'. Never
happens while watching the same channel continuously. Cannot say for
sure it doesn't happen when surfing within the same bouquet.

> I also occasionally have a CAM crash - where the status in goes from
> "ALPHACRYPT" to "CAM PRESENT" or "CAM READY".  A manual reset (or
> multiple) fixes this, but I get no decryption during a "crash".
Yep, also this, only for "Conax Conditional Acess". Resetting it works
best when using an FTA channel it seems.

> ...problems I've had to live with for months.  Gave up asking and
> installed an FTA satellite dish for 50% of my mostly watched channels.
I'm looking at an oscam solution right now, but need to get a proper
card reader, or try to get my old towitoko chipdrive going.