Re: Minor *.po patch

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Ville Skyttä wrote:

On Saturday 04 December 2010, Tobias Grimm wrote:
The gettext version I use automatically adds a Language field to the
headers of the po-Files. It would be nice to have this field there in
the first place, so here's a small patch that adds it.

The Language fields for the main dialect of a language should not have
_COUNTRY (i.e. Language: de, not Language: de_DE etc).  More info:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Header-Entry

"Fill in the language code of the language. This can be in ONE of three forms: ‘ll’, ‘ll_CC’, ‘ll_CC@variant’"

Where is the country code forbidden exactly? The core VDR doesn't have same language for different areas, but i.e. the femon does: "zh_CN" and "zh_TW". If I would use the plain "zh" for both of these, the "zh_TW.po" file would be interpreted as "zh_CN" and that really doesn't sound rigth. With VDR's current language files this doesn't make any difference, but I prefer Tobias' patch with your language team modifications a bit more future proof.

BR,
--
rofa