Re: Unwatchable channels (vdr-xine, dxr3, vlc, mplayer)

On 04.10.2010 00:36, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 04/10/10 00:20, En/na VDR User ha escrit:
>> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Luca Olivetti<luca@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> Yes, it seems like a bad signal, but femon is reporting a ber and unc
>>> of 0
>>> (I really don't trust snr and strength, but ber and unc should be
>>> just about
>>> right).
>>
>> The point I was trying to make is that you can't rely on femon to give
>> you accurate statistics unless the dvb driver provides accurate
>> statistics, which very many don't.  Try plugging an analog signal
>> meter into that cable and you'll likely see a different result then
>> what you see in femon.
>
> Well, I'm pretty sure the ber and the unc are right: I tried to stream
> those channels with dvbstream and they play perfectly, so the signal is ok.

hi,

to see if unc and ber are working you should provoke those errors by
weakening the signal and only if you see a change you know that it is
working, if you allway see a 0 you can'n be shure if its working the way
you expect it
imho there is no difference in femon between is not provided by driver and 0