Re: Unwatchable channels (vdr-xine, dxr3, vlc, mplayer)

Al 03/10/10 23:10, En/na VDR User ha escrit:
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Luca Olivetti<luca@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hello,

this has been bugging me for a while, but since it happens on channels I
don't usually watch, I didn't ask before.
There are some channels that are completely unwatchable: even with a perfect
signal (at least according to femon) I can only see blocking artefacts and
chirping sound.

That sounds like the symptoms of a bad signal.  Are you sure the
driver you're using is reporting the correct statistics to femon?
Several drivers don't.

Yes, it seems like a bad signal, but femon is reporting a ber and unc of 0 (I really don't trust snr and strength, but ber and unc should be just about right).

Bye
--
Luca