Re: Problem with VDR 1.7.15 and dxr3plugin 0.2.10

Ah so the muted digital audio is normal then. :) I'm moving this VDR
machine to different room anyway, where I will be using analog audio,
so no real problem there.

OSD is working 100% except for the subtitles. To me it looks like it
is the subtitle font rendering that is bugged, sometimes you can see
"unfilled" letters where there's only the white outline and inside is
transparent.. This might be VDR bug actually, I have no idea where the
rendering takes place?

--
Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/

its waiting in my local git
> repository. I hope I can find some hours this week
> to commit patches and improve some broken stuff.
>
> I think it would be also a good idea to start some unit testing to fix
> broken OSD outputs. This would improve the situation much
> more, as the OSD is quite a complex construct and I could close some
> open bugs in the tracker.
>
> Alsa output does not support digital audio at the moment... but I will
> bring back OSS - which supports digital and analog output.
>
> greets
> --
> Christian Gmeiner, MSc
>

> 2010/8/24 Teemu Suikki <tsuikki@xxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks a bunch! This looks a lot more promising now. I have perfect
>> picture and OSD, but there is no sound?
>>
>> It might be due to the fact that this new dxr3 plugin seems to use
>> ALSA? My older installation used OSS. I'm using the digital audio
>> output, I have nothing in the analog outputs so I can't be sure if
>> it's outputing something there. But I have selected "digital output"
>> in dxr3 plugin setup.
>>
>> Also subtitles seem to bug a little, there's a lot of garbage on top
>> of the text, and sometimes the texts appear in top left corner, not in
>> bottom like they should.
>>
>> --
>> Teemu Suikki
>> http://www.z-power.fi/
>>
>> .4.5 and dxr3plugin 0.2.6
>>>
>>> Did you choose the buffer-and-sync-rewrite branch [1]? It's working
>>> fine for me with vdr-1.7.15.
>>>

>>>  - jan
>>>
>>> [1] http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-dxr3/repository/show?rev=buffer-and-sync-rewrite

>> --