Re: vdr-1.7.15 problem with TV

I would like to dump xine though it is getting stable, it's still a lot of extra crap that needs installing to use it that just waste disk space. Softdevice doesn't support vdpau though does it? I'm still confused about the layers. Seems like X is the layer between vdr and vdpau driver, but we seem to need xine to talk to X and we need vdr-xine plugin to talk to xine. too many layers. We need a plugin that talks directly to X if not the video driver itself. Vdr could talk directly to the driver for video out of the Nexus-s. Why not the main video card?