Re: Dual DVB-S2 Tuner cards

On 19 Jun 2010, at 09:00, Goga777 wrote:

>>> Thanks, I'm in search of a twin/dual tuner dvb-s2 type card.
>>
>> I have a Satix S2 card which is a dual DVBS2 card, this one in the Linux V4L wiki:
>>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mystique_SaTiX-S2_Dual
>>
>> From here:
>> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2318_Mystique-SaTiX-S2-V2-CI-Dual--2xDVB-S2-CI-HDTV-MPEG4-H-264.html
>>
>> There has been some work on the driver recently by Devin from kernellabs, Devin was saying to me that
>> the driver was pretty awful, it's better now but I don't know how much better!
>>
>> Despite this I have found iхйгщеуъt to work better than my HVR-4000
>
> which problems do you have with hvr4000 ???

I get semi random glitches in the recordings that the Satix doesn't get also my Nova S+ (before it packed up last week) doesn't get the glitches.
It's significantly better since the upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04, even though I was running 2.6.33 kernel on 9.04 and latest v4l drivers.

My next debugging step will be to ditch my Nova T500 for a while, after some reading on the linux-media list it seems this driver doesn't play nicely with busy interrupts and with three tuner cards and six disks this machine is busy.

Sorry for the slow reply.

Andre