Re: Rewind and Fast Forward problems

On 04/03/10 04:25, Falk Spitzberg wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 04.03.2010, 11:20 +0200 schrieb Jaakko Hyvätti:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I guess this must be an error in my setup, maybe channels.conf, or
>> something similar, but just cannot find it..
>>
>> I recently went from 1.6.0 to 1.7.12 and now 1.7.13, and all my old and
>> new recordings alike either cannot be rewinded or fast forwarded.  One way
>> works, and another does not, one way works in some recordings and the
>> other in the rest of them.
>>
>> What happens is that when you rewind (or ff), it looks good and goes
>> backwards, but then when you go to play, it starts at the place you
>> started the rewind.  Also, while rewinding, if you have the status bar on,
>> the time does not count at all, and the green bar only moves little if at
>> all.
>
> That sounds similar to a problem that i've seen: When you play a
> recording for a while and then, let's say after 30 Minutes, jump forward
> one minute, the first jump effectively goes back a few minutes,
> subsequent forward jumps then really go forward.
>
> I thought this problem is related to the reelbox plugin (i am using a
> reel eHD), but now i think that VDR sometimes loses track about it's
> actual position.
>

>> Tried to search this list.. But still baffled and thankful for any help.
>> I'm in Finland, Helsinki, Welho Cable network.  Example of a channel that
>> does not work:
>>
>> MTV3 D;MTV Oy:282000:C0M128:C:6900:305=2:561=fin:817:0:49:42249:2:0
>>
>> My conf: http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/dvb/vdr-17-setup.txt
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jaakko.Hyvatti@xxxxxx

I have something similar using 1.7.12 and ATSC, was working under 1.6.0
fine...

I can fastwind and rewind, even go from fastwind to rewind, but if I
play at the end of the fastwind then the picture remains paused.  I can
go from the pause to rewind or fastwind, but not play.  I have to exit
the recording, and then go back in, when VDR will start from where it
left off.

This is quite frustrating, as we routinely record things to wind through
the commercials.
--

Rob Davis