Re: Hauppauge PVR-HD and IPTV plugin

On 08/02/10 12:35, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Rob Davis wrote:
>
>>> [h264 @ 0x808eb00]no picture
>>> [mpegts @ 0x85f2a80]dts < pcr, TS is invalid
>> Then it just freezes...
>
> Does the ffmpeg command work on the commandline? Might be related to the
> ffmpeg revision... Anyway, you could give a try for the FILE input
> protocol as it should be quite perfect for your TS source.

After a little investigation, it looks like it's an issue of ffmpeg
reading directly off the /dev/video0 device.  It looks like it gets
ahead of itself.  If I cat /dev/video0 to a file, sleep 5s and then
ffmpeg decode the file, it almost works..

I tried to put /dev/video0 as a file but couldn't get anything out of
VDR... Saying that I'm pretty sure I removed the h264 VDR patch since
coming to the US.  I'm running VDR 1.6 instead of 1.7 as I know what I'm
doing better with it in Gentoo..

I will record a 5 min clip and put it somewhere..

Would there be a way to watch a file and call a script?  That way I can
execute an external channel changer depending on parameter and then dump
the output to a fifo..

As an aside, xine-vdpau (xineliboutput) didn't want to play the stream
(albeit stuttering horribly) full screen - it looked like a 4:3 picture
when it should have been 16:9, although xine-xv didn't have a problem..
--

Rob Davis