Re: Hauppauge PVR-HD and IPTV plugin

On 08/02/10 12:58, L. Hanisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 08.02.2010 16:53, schrieb Rob Davis:
>> Hi, I have a Hauppauge PVR-HD which works but creating an h264 ts stream
>> from a set HD component inputs and does quite a nice job of it.
>> The ts stream is available on /dev/video0 and a simple cat /dev/video0
>>  >file.ts will create a watchable high quality dump..
>
>  Is it a cx18-based card? There a plans to integrate support for the
> native TS-capability of those cards in the pvrinput-plugin, but it will
> take some time. If you mind you can send me off-list a sample video (up
> to 4MB with the cat-method). I'm just working on repacking the program
> stream of ivtv-based cards with valid PAT, PMT and PCR, a pass through
> of a valid TS shouldn't be that hard. But I don't promise anything since
> I haven't such a card. Particulary if its controls are too different
> from the ivtv-ones.
>
> regards,
> Lars.

I spoke to Marin a little about this.. In terms of controls.. There are
none that need worrying about... It doesn't have a tuner.  It would be
useful to have a way to control an external channel changer (which
Martin nicely put in for my other pvr-500 card (for SD channels off the
cable box)..

The linux module is pvrhd.  Once loaded, along comes a /dev/video0
device.  A cat or mplayer command on this work well.

The ts stream is dependant on what is fed to it.  Ie, if your source is
1080i, then you'll get a 1080i stream, if 720p then that's what you get..

There was a quick sample on the internet, but I can also manually record
something for you if you want it.. Just not sure where to leave it..

--

Rob Davis