Re: Hulu for Linux

I've tried to start looking through the posted threads, but they are 40-60 pages long :( google tends to take me back to the same pages.

Michael Stepanov wrote:

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Steffen Barszus <st_barszus@xxxxxx <mailto:st_barszus@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Michael Stepanov schrieb:

        On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:44 AM, Timothy D. Lenz
        <tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

           I already have debain linux/vdr setup. 64 bit on my system and 32
           on my dads. I don't want to rip it all out and start over with
           another flavor of linux.

        Then XBMC will help you ;) Here is one way to integrate VDR and
        XBMC using streamdev plugin -
        http://blog.mymediasystem.net/avchd/xbmc-on-karmic-with-vdpau-and-vdr/
        There is also another way without streamdev, which is better as
        people talk.

    And then, how does it related to the OP question ?

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42041
           Michael Stepanov wrote:

               Hi Timothy,

               You may try LinuxMCE - http://linuxmce.com, which includes
               VDR, MythTV and now Hulu :) Or you can try XBMC+VDR

               On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Timothy D. Lenz
               <tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx>>
               <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tlenz@xxxxxxxxxx>>>> wrote:

                  Hulu now has a linux interface. And it seems MythTv
        can use
               it. what
                  about vdr? Can it be done without installing a desktop?

    To my understanding, yes and no, depends on what you understand to
    be a desktop. You need X for it and something to launch it. (Flash
    interface) + Flashplayer (i believe Gnash can't do it yet ?)

    The XBMC could be your "Desktop" and i believe, what the answers
    before trying you to say is you could launch Hulu Desktop from
    within XBMC (not proven as i can't - neither XBMC here yet, nor can
    i use hulu) So whatever else, you need X and display X on your TV.

    HTH

    Steffen

Cheers,
Michael