Re: strange issue with DVB-S2 and VDPAU

> After 4 yeras of SD-VDR I tried to move to HD with my VDR box.
>
> Current hardware:
> Asus M3N78-VM with GF9400
> Athlon BE2350
> TT3200 DVB-S2
>
> Software:
> Ubuntu 9.04 x86
> S2API drivers from linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb hg
> xine-vdpau
> xine-ui cvs
> plain vdr-1.7.9

are you using vdr-xine plugin 093 or vdr-xineliboutput ? which version ?

> I'm mainly focused on S9.0E source, because I have a Conax subscription
> for Hello HD package (http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/hello.html)

> After the first install and some finetunings, FTA HD channels (M2HD, Luxe
> HD) worked well,

what about another FTA channels from 9E - are they working fine ?

 but I had broken image on Hello HD channels (on SD and HD
> as well, all of them are in DVB-S2 Mpeg4), and log was full with TS
> continuity error. My channels list was generated with w_scan.

you can try to scan with patched for s2api reelchannelscan vdr plugin - see my announce in this ML

After a
> while I realized that if I let vdr to update my channel.conf, all the
> channels are working fine.
> And then came the disaster. Ubuntu said that 9.10 is available, and I
> choosed
> to upgrade.

it was your fault

>After the upgrade I had no sound at all on my system. As I
> saw, many others had this problem with Ubuntu 9.10.

yep

> After a day and a half
> I managed to fix the sound (compiling alsa, etc), but the "TS continuity
> error" came back on vdr.
> Since then I tried everything, I reinstalled the dvb drivers, xine-lib,
> xine-ui, I tried vdr-xine plugin and xineliboutput also, but no luck: i
> have broken image on Hello HD package.

what about of 5 FTA channels ?

> I also tried to make some records from those channels without any output
> plugin, and I end up with 0 sized recordings (on other channels
> recordings are fine), so IMHO this has nothing to do with xine.
> I'm suspecting two things:
> 1. DVB drivers.
> 2. Incorrect channels.conf
>
> Reinstalling dvb drivers from liplianin did not help, nor various
> channels.conf's
>
> One more detail: I have a Kathrein UFS-910 linux receiver. I have two
> systems on that: the original firmware and Enigma2. If I try my Conax card
> in the Kathy, everything works well under E2, but in the original firmware
> I had the same broken image issue as with VDR.
>
> As I am stuck with this for more than a day, any help or any ideas are
> welcomed.

show please your channels.conf
try patched vdr-channelscan

Goga