Re: vdr-sxfe buffer empty

I don't want to steal a thread, but my questions are related:

I guess there is something I don't understand:

Does this "*-crop-v9" patch offer anything that the patches from

http://www.jusst.de/vdpau/files/xine-lib-1.2/

do not, besides the autocrop functionality?  And what is this autocrop
functionality good for: I have a 16:9 set, and the content I want to
view is 16:9 material, with occasional 4:3 encoded into a 16:9 frame.
So what would this auto crop business gain me.

I have one issue with xineliboutput and vdpau: when I view xvid files
vdr-sxfe crashes with an error from glibc.  Is there a known fix for
this.