Re: How do I listen to a channel's soundtrack and it's audio description at the same time?

On 02.09.2009 07:49, John Robinson wrote:
I would very much like to
hear the main programme's soundtrack and the audio description track at
the same time, but at the moment, I can only hear one or the other - not
both.

Hmmm, interesting task. However, I don't think that this is possible currently. Output devices are currently designed to handle one audio channel, not multiple at the same time. Mixing them to one would require decompressing and re-compressing them and would probably introduce timing issues.

There may be a quirked solution like playing back the second channel externally, like connecting to it using mplayer+streamdev, however thats not very comfortable.

The best solution is probably a dedicated plugin that connects to live view and plays the secondary audio track in parallel. However I don't think that such a plugin exists currently.

Cheers,

Udo