LIVE: Missing streams for recordings

Dear list,

I was amazed how easy a Linux VDR can be set up, using (in my case)
Sidux (recent Debian sid packages). I installed several plugins, and
especially LIVE is what we need to have remote access via LAN.

There was no problem to use the online EPG in order to time recordings.
Also, it is possible to watch current streams of any channel.
But as it comes to finished recordings, we miss a button that would open
vlc[plugin] and give the corresponding stream.

Do we need extra settings/plugins?

Sorry for being less detailed, but I have to describe our problem from
memory.

Extra question: Is there a way to use specific PAM-modules for login or,
at least, create additional users (rather than giving away "admin"
account to anybody)?

Thanks
Ralf.